Demystifying Real Estate Investing
Overcoming the misconceptions that keep you from investing in real estate
Most people who aren’t investing in real estate are being stopped by doubt and fear. They may want to invest in real estate, but each time they consider taking action, they come up with an obstacle or a core belief that keeps them from moving toward their dreams.
According to The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by self-made millionaire and real estate investor Gary Keller, most successful real estate investors have had to overcome certain beliefs that later proved to be unfounded. Some of these beliefs center around the way they view themselves as investors, and the others are focused on beliefs about investing. By addressing these doubts and fears, and recognizing that they’re unfounded, you’ll eliminate the major barriers to becoming a real estate investor.
· Personal Myth #1: “I don’t need to be an investor. My job will take care of my personal wealth.” \
Truth: History indicates that few jobs pay enough to create true financial independence. Financial wealth building depends on another vehicle.
· Personal Myth #2: “I don’t need or want to be financially wealthy. I’m happy with what I have.”
Truth: Financial wealth offers greater opportunity to care for yourself and others, and that is something most everyone wants and needs.
· Personal Myth #3: “I can’t do it.”
· Truth: You don’t know what you can or cannot do until you actually try.
· Investing Myth #1: “Investing is complicated.”
· Truth: Investing is as complicated as you make it.
· Investing Myth #2: “All the best investments require knowledge most people don’t have.”
· Truth: Your best investments will always be in areas that you can or already do understand.
· Investing Myth #3: “Investing is risky. I’ll lose my money.”
· Truth: Investing and gambling are not the same thing. Investing, by definition, is not risky.
· Investing Myth #4: “Successful investors can time the market.”
· Truth: Timing isn’t about being in the right place in the right time. It’s about being in the right place all of the time.
· Investing Myth #5: “All the good investments are taken.”
· Truth: Plain and simple, every market, in every time, has its share of good investments.
There’s nothing more powerful for keeping you out of action than fear and doubt. By seeking the truth, rather than relying on unfounded beliefs that lead to fear and doubt, you can overcome your greatest obstacle and get closer to achieving your dreams.
If you’re interested in investing, but you have doubts about whether or not investing fits in with your current financial program, it’s best to consult with a qualified and reputable Mortgage Planner who can assess your financial situation and put you on a plan that targets your goals. As with any financial program, gaining clarity on the facts is always the best place to start.
Please feel free to contact me about discussing your situation. John Thomas – Certified Mortgage Planner – 302-368-7132 Ext.12 or e-mail DelawareMortgages@yahoo.com